Current Drugstore Favorites

Hello!

I recently saw a discussion in the Makeup section on LaurenConrad.com and I was like, "This would be a PERFECT post for my blog!" (Side note: I highly recommend signing up for LaurenConrad.com - You get tons of tips on fitness, beauty, and so many other things. I love it!) 


The topic was "Favorite Drugstore Products" and that topic seemed like the perfect idea. I did change the topic a little bit to "Current Drugstore Favorites" because my favorites are always changing and I also thought I could post during other seasons when my preferences and needs change because of the weather. So without further ado, here are my Current Favorite Drugstore Products! 

Let's start with Face products!

During the summer, I prefer BB creams because foundations always seem just a tad too heavy and cakey on my skin. I have tried 4 different drugstore BB creams and this one is by far my favorite! The Covergirl BB Cream in number 805, fair to light! I've found that it gives amazing coverage, it lasts all day, and most importantly for the summer time, it doesn't feel cakey on my skin. You get a decent amount of product and a little bit goes a long way when you're applying it. I purchased mine from Target and it costs around $7.00.

Going with the light makeup theme for summer, I'm very picky about my pressed powders. When I find an excellent BB cream, the last thing I want to do is find a powder that makes it look or feel like I caked on makeup! With this being said, my favorite pressed powder is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in number 004, Sandstorm. I love this powder because it's matte so it gives a polished look and it's not too heavy. I just dust this powder over my makeup to set it and my makeup stays in place all day. The bottom line with this powder is that I love that it gives me a finished look without looking or feeling cakey! I again purchased this powder from Target and the cost is under $10.00.


Sometimes when I put the powder on, it covers the natural flush in my cheeks, but this is expected. Although I believe summer is the perfect time for bright colors, I prefer to keep my blush subtle so I can let other features shine. My current favorite blush is the Nyx Blush in number PB25, Pinched. It gives the right amount of pink for a laid back summer look and has just just enough shimmer without looking super pink and sparkly. I also purchased this blush at Target and it goes for under $8.00.



Now onto one of my favorite areas, Eye products!

For my current favorite drugstore products, I chose two mascaras because during the summer, I find that my eye shadow tends to wear off easier even with a primer, and I think making your eyelashes big and bold is the perfect replacement for eye shadow! 

My first current favorite mascara is the Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express in Very Black. I love this mascara so much and I've been using it for a while now. It makes my lashes look so full and voluminous but doesn't get clumpy. I can also get away with using this on my bottom lashes, which I'm very picky about because I don't like my bottoms lashes too long, but this mascara just makes them look full and gives a nice look to my eyes overall. I purchased this mascara from Walgreens and it goes for around $8.00.


My second current favorite mascara is the Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes Volum' Express in Blackest Black (Waterproof)! This mascara is relatively new and I was intrigued with it's special features. It has one wand for your upper lashes and a second wand for your lower lashes! This is all in one tube of mascara! I recently purchased this from Target and I am in love! It makes my tops lashes looks full and gives just enough definition to my lower lashes without making it look too over the top. I'm excited to take this with me when I travel because instead of packing two mascaras, I have two all in one! This mascara costs around $7.00 at Target.

Last but not least, Lip products!

Like I said before, I think summer is the perfect time for bright colors, and I like to make this happen by using lip stick! A product that I'm not including as a current favorite although I adore it, is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss. It's skin tone and it moisturizes very well before applying the lip color! I purchased this at Target for $3.00.

The reason this one is my first current favorite lip product is because it's a bright, fun, summer color and it doesn't look tacky but it's still a fun way to make your lips pop if that's the look you're going for. It's the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in number 029, Red Lacquer. This lipstick is more of an orange-ish red but still safely in the red category. If you're wanting to get away from the classic red but too afraid to try a more orange based lipstick, I defiantly recommend this! It also lasts for several hours but I recommend re-applying this if you want the color to stay intense. This product costs around $5.00 at Target. 

My last current favorite drugstore product is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in number 104. I love this color because it's not red but it's not a bright pink - It's a nice, dark, dark, dark, pink. Whenever I wear this, I think that it's enough to be noticable on my lips, but not enough to be over the top. It also lasts for a really long time, but like the Revlon lipstick, I recommend re-applying to keep the color fresh. I purchased this lipstick from Wal-Mart for around $4.00. 

Alright! That's the end! Those are all of my current favorite drugstores products! I really wanted to give you guys my opinion on them, so this post was quiet lengthy, but I really hoped you enjoyed reading this! 

I would love to try new drugstore products, so comment below your current drugstore favorites and let me know if you'd like to see more of these posts in other seasons in the comments as well! 

Lastly, Click Here to go directly to my profile on LaurenConrad.com! Feel free to add me or send me a message. Thanks! 


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for recommending the Lauren Conrad website! I instantly became a member and love it! I think I know who might be the next Lauren Conrad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts